When you were in High School, you probably had a reputation of some sort. Nerd, Jock, Brain, you remember. But now you are all grown up and you have invested a great deal of time, effort and money into your business. You have put a lot of things on the backburner in order to turn your dream of running a successful business into a reality. You have finally reached a point in your career where you feel like all of your hard work has paid off. You have created a brand, established yourself as an expert in your niche and you have come to the point where your business is able to pretty much speak for itself.
Then one day, you find that your sales are dwindling; you aren’t attracting as much business as you once were and you can’t help but wonder why. You are offering the same services as you always have, so what gives? Then you spot it; a negative review or two about your business from an irate customer who you wouldn’t be able to please, even if you offered your services on a gold plate with a silver spoon. It’s like being back in High School again, and someone is spreading malicious gossip behind your back.
The Impact of a Negative Reputation
Even if you have provided exceptional service each and every time, and you have 98 five-star reviews out of 100, those 2 one-star reviews and negative comments can have a huge impact on the success of your business.
Why? Well, people tend to look at the negative over the positive, especially when it comes to reviews of products and services that they are interested in buying. When a potential customer finds even one negative review, your reputation can plummet. A negative review is like a scarlet letter for the reputation of your business.
Repair Your Reputation with Reputation Management
Even though you may have been branded with that scarlet letter of a negative review, that brand isn’t a permanent fixture. Thanks to reputation management services, you can fix the negative and reinstate the positive status of your business.
What is reputation management?
As the name suggests, this service refers to managing and repairing the reputation of a business. While the definition is quite simple, the process is a little bit more involved. Reputation management includes building, maintaining and reinstating the positive status of a business.
How is it done? There are a number of tactics that are involved with reputation management. It typically includes one or several of the following:
- Content Creation – Adding new, fresh and meaningful content to a website or blog on a regular basis in order to increase exposure and rankings.
- Social Media Promotion: Getting the word out about a business via social media and interacting with customers.
- Encouraging Positive Reviews: reaching out to loyal customers for positive reviews and posting them on the company’s website, a forum or a review-based website.
- Responding to Negative Reviews: responding or contacting creators of negative reviews to see if there is anything a business can do to change their position.
- Building Publicity: Creating banners, ads, links and articles and posting them online on other websites in the same niche.
- Automate Monitoring: keeping abreast of a business’s online reputation via the many tools available.
Why is Reputation Management Important?
It pretty much goes without saying that this service can help to not only establish a positive reputation for your business, but it can also help to repair a marred reputation. And the end result? With an increased positive reputation comes an increase in the success of your business.
If you would like assistance with the Reputation Management of your business, please contact Moore Marketing Services, or schedule a Free 30 minute consultation.